Monday, March 25, 2013

Quadcopter Log, Week 2, Configuration Woes

While attempting to update one of the XBee units to the most recent version of the firmware, I seem to have broken it. I'm not sure exactly how this happened. Previously, I had been using a serial terminal on my mac to change settings using AT commands. This time, I decided to boot into windows and use Digi's official tool, X-CTU. In X-CTU, I changed various settings, including the baud rate, channel, and a couple of other things, and told it update the firmware on the next write. After I wrote the settings to the device, it stopped responding. I tried every solution I could find with google, and nothing has helped. My next step is going to be talking to Digi's support.

I was planning for our first meeting this friday when our president reminded me that it this friday is Good Friday. After sending some emails, it turns out no one wants to show up. So, delayed again...

No comments:

Post a Comment